In this Spotlight with Karen Eckmeier, teacher, author, and award-winning quilter, we explore her creative process and laid-back approach to the craft.
Karen is most known for her "Accidental Landscape" quilts, "Happy Villages", and her work with curves. I think you'll find this conversation inspiring and encouraging as Karen is just delightful!
In this video, I talk with Karen about:
- Her creative process (it's VERY laid back and improvisational)
- How she designs her quilts
- Her surprising approach to color choices
- Where she finds her inspiration
- How she helps her students get out of their comfort zones
If you'd like to take Karen's Accidental Landscape class, you can do so by joining Meander (an International Online Quilt Guild). Learn more / join Meander, here.
You can find Karen's books and patterns on her website.
Karen and I would love to hear from you! What was your biggest takeaway from this conversation? Leave a comment below.