I've taught my fun and approachable applique techniques to hundreds of quilters across the US, and I am thrilled to bring that class into your home sewing room! So pour yourself a cup of tea (or wine!) and let's sew and learn together.
This is an online class -- once purchased, you will receive an email that allows you to access the 11 part video series.
Perfect for any skill level.
This process is flexible and approachable. All along the way, I share options for making the project either more simple or more intricate, so you can make the creative choices that perfectly suit your skills and preferences.
Choose whatever pattern/project you like.
One PDF Pattern download is included with the class! After you purchase the class, you will receive an email with a discount code to claim your pattern.
Scrappy Applique Process
I will guide you start to finish through my entire Scrappy Applique process-- from fabric selection and prep to a finished quilt top. Included with the class is my Scrappy Applique E-Workbook, which guides you through the class, provides areas for note taking, and contains my Trouble Shooting Guide, to help with common sewing machine problems.
24/7 Online Acess to the Class
Take the class at your own pace-- your access never expires.
Video Series Content
2. Materials Overview
- Learn about all the materials needed
- Interfacing 101
- Fusible web 101
- Stabilizers 101
3. Fabric Selections
- Some fabrics works really well in collages, while others are not ideal -- learn the difference
- Create a varied color palette
4. Prepping your Fabric
- How to prep your fabric for collaging
- How to transfer the design
5. Cutting your collage fabric
- Explore the different scrappy motifs possible
- Learn of scale effects the appearance of the collage
6. Collaging your appliqué piece
- How to collage your fabrics to build your appliqué piece
7. Finishing Options
- Explore the variety of finishing options, from quick and easy to intricate and complex
- Learn the different types of topstitching and when to use each
9. Free-motion topstitching (and quilting) tutorial
10. Satin Stitching
- Learn how to satin stitch like an expert
- Machine settings for satin stitching
- How to approach different angles
11. Finishing your Quilt
Make life easy, and grab a kit!
Remove the hassle and confusion over which fusible web or interfacing to choose. The Scrappy Appliqué Kit everything you need for any Scrappy Appliqué project, except fabric and coordinating thread.