Appliqué Tea Towel / Napkin
- Applique Pattern of your choice (all my pdf patterns include mini templates, check out my pattern shop or grab one of my free appliqué templates)
- Materials for applique piece (see applique pattern for requirements)
- ¾ yd fabric for tea towel (makes 2)
Thread that coordinates with the appliqué piece (for satin stitching)
Thread that matches the tea towel fabric (for hemming)
- Cut the tea towel fabric into two approximately 27” x 22” pieces.
- Hem. Along the long sides, fold each edge ½” towards the wrong side and press, then fold over ½” more, press and pin.
- Using the matching thread, sew a 3/8” seam along both sides.
- Repeat for the short sides.
- Make the appliqué piece (according to the appliqué pattern instructions).
- Position, fuse/pin, and satin stitch the applique piece. Done! Tea time.
- Make matching placemats.
- These would make lovely teacher or hostess gifts!
- Use a family initial for the appliqué piece using my free Lettering Applique Pattern.
Alright, my dear. Go crazy and whip up a few of these -- I always make extra so I can have cute little gifts on hand!
What appliqué piece do you think would be cute on one of these?