“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam." Carl Sagan
Let's quilt a beautiful world. Turn your fabric scraps into this lovely GLOBE quilt with Shannon’s quick and fun Scrappy Applique technique. This pattern takes you step by step through the unique process, and comes with 4 different views of the globe, each in 3 different sizes, allowing for many different project options!
Beginner friendly, it looks way more challenging than it actually is!
Scrappy Applique is quick and simple to pick up, yet allows for a lot of creative possibilities. It is a fun, playful technique that is perfect for beginners and experienced quilters, alike.
**This is a PDF Pattern download. Once your payment has been processed, the files will be immediately sent to you in an email.**
Quilt Size Options:
Wall hanging, crib, throw, twin, full/queen, king
- Detailed Instructions
12 different printable templates: 4 different templates (4 different views of the globe), each in 3 sizes (small: 20" globe, medium: 30" globe, large: 40" globe).
- Clear printing instructions: pattern can be printed on any home printer
- A Bonus Coloring Page to explore different color options
Add On Options:
GLOBE Scrappy Applique Kit
Skip the confusing interfacing isle of the fabric shop, and get started on your project ASAP with Shannon's favorite products! The GLOBE Scrappy Appliqué Kit includes everything you need to make the GLOBE pattern except the fabric and coordinating thread.
- 3 yds Paperless Fusible Web
- 3 yds Non-woven, Fusible Interfacing
- 3 yds Iron on/Tear Away Stabilizer
- Transparent Polyester Thread
Scrappy Applique Online Workshop
Let Shannon guide you through the entire process, from choosing fabric to finishing the quilt. Included with the class is the Scrappy Applique E-Workbook, which guides you through the class, provides areas for note taking, and contains my Trouble Shooting Guide, to help with common sewing machine problems.
24/7 Online Access to the Class
Take the class at your own pace-- your access never expires.
Video Series Content
2. Materials Overview
- Learn about all the materials needed
- Interfacing 101
- Fusible web 101
- Stabilizers 101
3. Fabric Selections
- Some fabrics works really well in collages, while others are not ideal -- learn the difference
- Create a varied color palette
4. Prepping your Fabric
- How to prep your fabric for collaging
- How to transfer the design
5. Cutting your collage fabric
- Explore the different scrappy motifs possible
- Learn of scale effects the appearance of the collage
6. Collaging your appliqué piece
- How to collage your fabrics to build your appliqué piece
7. Finishing Options
- Explore the variety of finishing options, from quick and easy to intricate and complex
- Learn the different types of topstitching and when to use each
9. Free-motion topstitching (and quilting) tutorial
10. Satin Stitching
- Learn how to satin stitch like an expert
- Machine settings for satin stitching
- How to approach different angles
11. Finishing your Quilt